Thursday, September 24, 2020

Enchanted - Quick bookmarks

 Hey everyone,

Today I'm sharing two bookmarks with you. No fancy techniques this time, even no coloring, just a little stamping to fill up my lunch break while I was working from home.


I must admit that I have been a little uncreative over the last month. Such more simple projects help me getting back to the crafting table. So if your muse went on vacation, this might be a way to get back into your creative flow.


Here's how I made the bookmarks:

I cut the two pieces of paper to a size of 7 x 2.5 inch and used a small corner chomper. For bookmarks I prefer having round corners. Then I stamped the goddess on one and the raven on the other tag, using Versafine Clair ink. The next stamp I used was the "enchanted" lettering along with a multi-colored embossing powder. This creates some nice interest on the bookmarks as it contrasts the other more neutral colors I used.

For a little visual texture I grabbed the lace background stamp as well as a writing stamp from the same plate. Fun fact: When I stamped the lace I was really dissatisfied with the look - lucky that changed once I added the other stamp over it.

I added some ink to the edges and some mettalic thread to the top and that's it.

 

Here are some more detail photos of the two bookmarks:





Stamps used:
Raven Looking Up (20269)
Whimsical Tree Lady Nude (19681)

Lace Background (19298)
French Writing Background (19297)

Enchanted (18823)


Other supplies:
- left over paper (watercolor paper, kraft cardstock)
- corner chomper
- Versafine Clair ink (nocturne)
- Versamark ink
- Archival ink (pebble beach, watering can)
- WOW! embossing powder - Seth Apter "space dust"
- thread or ribbon


Hope you like my project, even if it is such a simple one.

See you soon


 

No comments: