Wednesday, September 02, 2020

More Halloween cards with Josefine

And more, and more, and more ;)
I ordered all the latest plates-o-rubbers and just had to start playing with the Halloween set and the mark maker set (my two favorites from the release). And what better way to play than to combine the two?

I started by stamping the gravestone cross in a nice, black ink - once onto my card base and then on masking paper.


Then I added the masking paper on top of the stamped cross and stamped the lines with squiggles in a light grey on top. This way it looks like the lines are behind the grave once I removed the masking paper.


Next, I used the sentiment "No Tears for the Creatures of the Night", stamped it with Versamark ink, and embossed the sentiment. Since I created multiple cards at the same time, I decided to use different colors of embossing powder - one in white, one in purple, and one in orange.


As a final step, before mounting everything onto a card base with a black frame, I added a few orange and purple splatters to the background. 


And voila, new Halloween cards using the two new plates :)


I love how the colored embossing powder looks on the lines.



I have a feeling this is going to be a great Halloween season :P

Stamps used:


No comments: