Thursday, January 30, 2020

Simply Masculine

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's me, Tera here again to share with you a super simple masculine card.

(you know you always need those!)



Stamp Used:

Other Supplies:
Hickory Smoke distress stain spray
black soot and frayed burlap distress ink
Park Lane papers
Tim Holtz stitched rectangle dies
Memento ink- Tuxedo Black
 Tim Holtz "snippets" pack
Voltage Die (by Tim Holtz)


I wanted to create a slightly grungy yet simple card that would be good for any occasion.  I started by picking a background paper that was simple with a light colored pattern.  (The papers I used came from the park lane packs called - Maps, text & ledgers, as well Neutrals)

I began by cutting my focal paper out with a Tim Holtz stitched rectangle die. I then stamped my Fabrique stamp in black Memento ink. To add a grungy effect I used black soot and frayed burlap distress ink lightly around the edges and a few flicks of Hickory Smoke distress stain spray. 


Next, I cut the next to layers of mats for my card. I sanded the edges of the textured card-stock for some extra texture and grunge. I also used black soot distress ink on both of these additional mats to lightly distress them.  Finally, I used the edge of my scissors to rough up the bottom mat layer. 
(the bottom layer is bigger than the biggest die, so I was unable to die cut it with the stitching. It is 4in x 5.25in)


To finish, I matted my card on a black A2 card base, and added my finishing touches.  The rusty bolts I created with my Tim Holtz voltage die, and the tiny ephemera is from the Tim Holtz "snippets" pack. 



(Just a note for the bolts- I used distess oxide sprays to color them as well as distress crayons)

I hope you enjoy this fun and easy card! 
Stay crafty!





No comments: