Monday, June 10, 2019

Es Neta | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I am sharing a mixed media scrapbook layout I created to document some fun photos of me that were taken at a local Mexican restaurant. 


For my page, I took my inspiration from the colourful striped blanket in the background of the photo. I began by adding some red and yellow acrylic paint to my cardstock, swiping each of them randomly across the page.

I wanted to draw in the striped pattern from the blanket to add structure, so I used the Row of Distressed Lines stamp several times horizontally down the page using black ink. I also used the Texture Background stamp vertically down the central line of my page.


With the black ink down over the paint, I also wanted to draw in a small amount of the green that could also be seen on the blanket. I used the Scribble Circle stamp with 'Mowed Lawn' Distress Oxide. I stamped the image three times in its entirety, but then also used one edge of it to stamp extra colour randomly down the page (as you can see below).


With my background colours in place, it was time to add some texture to my page. I gathered together an assortment of items to use as layers behind my photos - black & white striped tissue paper; a die cut black tag; a green paint sample card; some yellow punchinella; and some frayed gauze. I stapled the layers in place before adding my photos on top.


Once the photos were down, it was time to add some embellishments. I started by adding a round Charms Creations handmade circle alongside them, before adding the Curly Moustache that I had stamped onto white cardstock and cut out, on top. Behind that, I tucked a little die cut cactus and then a small die cut banner along the bottom edge of my photos. I also tied a little piece of green and white striped twine onto my black tag.


To finish off my layout, I stamped the Incredible As It Seems stamp multiple times; added the title "Es Neta" (which means "it's true" in Spanish) using Thickers; and then added my journalling at the bottom of the page using a felt pen.


Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used:

Other materials:
- Art-C acrylic paints
- Tsukineko Staz On ink
- Ranger Distress Oxide
- Assorted layering materials (as specified above)
- Charms Creations circle embellishment
- Die cuts
- American Crafts Thickers
- Felt pen

No comments: