Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Birthday Card ► Majo

Good morning, dear crafty friends.

Today I'd like to show you a birthday card I made for a close friend. 


I stuck to her favorite colors and decided since it's her 60th birthday, it should be something special. I know she adores butterflies, so of course I used one on the card.

I started by applying gesso with a stencil.


I added Distress Spray Stain in different colors, making sure to dry each layer in between. I wiped the paint off the raised parts.



After I stamped my sentiment, I added more stamping on the background for some texture. 

I cut the butterfly with a Sizzix Movers & Shapers die and applied the same colors Distress Spray Stain. After distressing the edges I adhered it with glue dots. In order to let the butterfly have some antennas, I used a butterfly stamp, which I then covered with the die cut. 




 Here are some close ups of the background ....




I adhered the panel to a black card base with miracle tape.

I have used the following stamps:


I also used:

Distress Spray Stain
Movers & Shapers - Butterfly
Stencil
Gesso 


Thanks so much for joining me here today, you all have a wonderful time and Happy Crafting ♥

No comments: