Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Make it Manly...

Hello Everyone!

In light of fathers day coming up, I wanted to create something masculine. 



At first I thought I wanted to create a card, but then I decided something more fun would be an envelope for gift cards.
(You could of course use this base to create a card as well)

Stamps Used:

Other Items Used:
Scrap book paper
Sizzix thinlet die- gift card bag (662687) 
Tim Holtz Layering stencil (THMS070)
Distress ink -gathered twigs
Archival Ink- tuxedo black
water pen
Tim Holtz Remnant rubs

I started by picking out the paper I wanted for my base.  I went with some Tim Holtz paper that had nice neutral colors and some general text.  (looks kind of like a vintage invoice).  Using my sizzix gift card holder die, and my big shot I cut my base out.


I used my distress ink around the edges before gluing everything together.  (you could probably skip this step. I ended up inking everything again at the end to deepen the color anyway). 


After my piece was folded and glued, I stamped "Fabrique De Cravates Ad" in black ink. Then, I used my distress ink to watercolor some shading on the suit. 


 When I was satisfied with that I used the same distress ink to stamp my clock randomly on the front and back. 


To finish this off I added some stenciling details. 



I added a remnant rub with "TIME" on it for added detail



I love how this came out, and it was so simple! 
(Now I need to decide what gift card I want to give him.... Tough decisions!)

Thank you for stopping by the blog today!
I hope this inspires you!



3 comments:

Majo said...

This is a great idea which turned out beautiful, dear Tara ♥

Tera Callihan said...

Thank you :)

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ! x