Sunday, June 17, 2018

Art Journal Page: Underwater Wonders

Hi!
Elina with you today, sharing the latest page I created in my art journal:

Coloring stamped images is one of my favourite things to do. For me it's perfect mindfulness; working with images that have lots of details requires concentration, and seeing how the colors bring the images to life is always so rewarding!

This time I stamped the lovely Brian Kesinger image twice, and colored and fuzzy-cut both images:


I wanted to place the octopus into a simple underwater scenery, and while coloring I got the idea of using a submarine window as a frame around the main image. Even though I was not quite sure of how a submarine window should look like, I liked the thought of looking through a submarine window, and seeing this quite unusual marine animal swimming by :)
I traced and cut a circle frame from grey cardstock, and used the center piece as a mask when painting and decorating the page background. Once the paint was dry I inked the center of the page, and created waterdrop patterns with plain water and a thin brush. My blue Distress ink reacted with water, and I was able to lift the ink underneath the waterdrops by pressing the page with a paper towel. Before gluing down the die-cut greens and the fuzzy-cut octopus I highlighted the edges of the waterdrops with a white gel pen.



The bolts on the window frame are heat-embossed with a silver embossing powder. Finding a nice circle stamp small enough was not easy, so I decided to use the eraser end of a pencil as my stamp. Worked quite ok!

The second octopus is now on the front of an ATC card. Size of the image was just perfect!

I hope my latest creations inspire you to create something yourself. For more information on the VLVS! Brian Kesington 'Pirate Otto' octopus stamp please *click here*

Wishing you a wonderful day!



2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic ! x

by belle said...

Just love this Elina!!!