Monday, April 30, 2018

Mail Art Monday!

Hello crafty friends! 

Tera here again to share a fun and simple
Mail Art Monday Envelope <3

 

If you know me, then you know mail art is my favorite thing to create! So, I am excited to get to share with you today! I decided to break the rules a bit with this envelope... Who says the envelope has to go long ways anyway? 



Stamps Used:

Other products:
A2 white envelope
distress ink (various yellows)
Archival ink (black)
Zig Clean color markers

I started by stamping the "bust of a man" on the right hand side of the envelope and again on a scrap piece of paper which I used to mask this off.  

Next I stamped the lower left part of the "flower and bird frame" stamp 
(yes, I cut my stamp apart... part of why I love buying my stamps unmounted. I know some of you will want to kill me for this, but it gets me extra use from my stamps... You could also mask that part of your stamp off when inking.) 


I then stamped the right side of "flower and bird frame" stamp. At this point I inked around the boarder of my envelope with the various yellows. 



Once my background was inked, I removed my Statue mask and begin to color all of the fine details. 
Super quick and easy!


Below you can see a "sample" address, and postage stamp... I am out of flower stamps so a trip to the post office is in my future ;-)


I hope you enjoyed this simple piece and maybe even find new ways to view some of your stamps... 
(I promise they don't cry when you cut them!)

2 comments:

Majo said...

What can I say? I winced just a bit when reading that you cut your stamps apart, but the result is fabulous as always 💛

Tera Callihan said...

Lol yes I know it makes people cringe!