Friday, April 20, 2018

"#EPIC" scrapbook layout | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project; and today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout to show you. This page features a photo of my daughter when she first got her new tablet and her very own version of Minecraft for Christmas. (To say she was excited is an understatement.) 


For my layout, I wanted to create a background that reflected the theme and the colours that were depicted in my photo. I decided to use the Overlapping Squares stamp (designed by Corrie Herriman) and stamp out a pattern on my page that I could then colour to suit.


I used Staz On ink as I knew that I would be using a wet medium and didn't want it to run at all.


I then used Faber-Castell watercolour pencils to add splashes of colour to the squares, before blending the pencil out with a water pen.


Once the squares were coloured, I also used the pencils to add some shading around and between some of them.


Next, I wanted to add some less structured marks to balance out all the hard lines from the squares, so I used the Crackle Background stamp to add some random, organic lines. (I keep my stamps unmounted for exactly this reason - I like to be able to bend them and manipulate them to only use small areas of the stamps surface.)


I then used the It's Only a Hobby stamp to add a few phrases to my background; before using a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray to add some random splatters around my page.


With the background complete, it was time to add some papery layers to my page. I used some patterned paper pieces from Amy Tan; along with some Project Life cards and a paper doily to create a mat for my photo and then adhered it to my page using Miracle Tape.


I added some scrap cardboard to the back of my photo to pop it up from the page; then added the word woohoo (fussy cut from another Project Life card) using foam tape on top.


For my title I used a wood veneer word from D-lish Scraps, which I coloured using Posca pens.


To finish off my page I added a Charms Creations handmade heart embellishment topped with a flair button from D-lish Scraps. 


Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used:

Other materials:
 - Miracle tape
- Cardstock
- Staz On ink
- Faber-Castell watercolour pencils
- Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray
- Amy Tan patterned paper
- Project Life cards
- D-lish Scraps wood veneer and flair button
- Charms Creations heart
- paper doily
- Posca pens
- felt pen

1 comment:

by belle said...

AWESOME background Sue!!