Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Whimsical Sparkly Fairy art journal spread by Cheetarah


Hi everyone! It's Cheetarah here and today I am sharing an Art Journal spread I have made in my new art journal pocket book. I've used some yummy VLVS! mixed media stamps and this gorgeous new Whimsical Fairy Lady from newly released plate 1496 with designs from Mary Vogel Lozinak I absolutely LOVE this plate! As always a full list of stamps is at the end of this post. 


My focal point, the fairy lady, was stamped on a piece of scrap water color paper and I have used some wonderful glittery/sparkly water colors from Cloves and Honey watercolors (they are hand made) to give some sparkly life to this beautiful image. I've then glued this piece down in the art journal I wanted to work in. 

It's a pocket art journal and these illustrations are just the perfect size to add in. I've added a couple of layers of Paper Artsy fresco paints (chalky finish) with a brayer and stenciled over it a whirlpool pattern from a stencil by Andy Skinner for DecoArts. This pattern is actually also in the dress of the fairy. I made sure I also stenciled over the image and then using a lighter paint to knock back the colors the image is slowly becoming a part of the spread. 

Time for some stamping! I've stamped a bunch of yummy mixed media stamps around the edges of the spread coming inward for some texture . Then added more sparkle by spraying some perfect pearl mist on the pages. The fresco paint is chalky and it absorbed the misty glitter quite well so that the page has a beautiful glittery sheen to it. 

To finish off the spread I added "everywhere she went she left a sparkle" text on the bottom left and "generation stamped" the text out to the right. I stamped it with Staz-On Jet black, as well as the dandelion above it. I also added a few seedlings spilling over to the right page at the top and bottom so it would become a more coherent spread. 


And lastly I added a border with chipped sapphire distress crayon and black sooth distress oxide. Definitely love how the first spread in my new pocket art journal looks :) 

Stamps used: 

Others: 
Whirlpool stencil by Andy Skinner 
Paper Artsy Fresco Paints: captain peacock, banana, dolly mix, hint of pesto 
Crafter's workshop white gesso 
Staz-On jet black, midnight, black cherry, cactus green 
Watercolors by Cloves and Honey, Sennelier and Schmincke 
Distress oxide black soot 
Distress Crayon shipped sapphire 
Perfect Pearl mist Kiwi

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day :) 

No comments: