Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Wanderlust Wall Decor

HELLO!!! I haven't been feeling very crafty lately and I got some new stamps to spark a light. I decided to pull out some paperclay and had fun. I created a little bit of wall decor. So grab a drink and  scroll on down!


I started with rolling out some clay to a good thick layer. Stamped my background image into it and then cut it out.




I did the same thing for the stamp wanderlust. 


I think painted the background with some paint and let it dry. 


Once it dried I rubbed some rose gold wax on top.


I did the same thing with the word but in different colors. 


Then I got some scrap cardboard. I get lots of boxes due to work and cut them up to use them in crafting. I added some compound tape and then gave it all a coat of gesso. 





I forgot to snap a photo of what the wax looked like over the compound tape. Then added some cheesecloth. Then adhered everything together. It was really fun and simple and I hope you give it a try. 






Stamps Used:

Other Items:
Prima Paint and Waxes
Cardboard
Canvas Fabric
Cheesecloth
Compound tape 





SaveSave

3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous !

mamablitger said...

What a great idea. I love your project. And the colors are just amazing. Thank you for an easy how-to and for sharing your creativity.
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Sharon Foulk said...

It's awesome to see the stamps used like this! Such a cool mixed media piece!