Thursday, January 19, 2017

Dandelion Breeze any occasion card - by Cheetarah Cheda


Hi all! I'm back this week with a card I wanted to share based on our challenge this month.

This is the mood board for our january challenge. Nice vintage looking style and colors. 

And inspiration words like foliage, flowers, weeds, nature, bugs, moths, butterflies, wings, numbers, script, invoice, background stamps, vintage, tan, black, white, brown, distressed, grungy,... made me dig up some great VLVS! images to work with. A full list of stamps and other items I used are listed below.
 

I worked on thick vellum paper on which I used a circle stencil and light and fluffy modeling paste. Then went on to distress it with brownish Distress inks to get that vintage look going. The vellum is nice and smooth so you can get a great transition into colors. The main image I used for this card is Blowing Dandelion and Extra Seed by Susan M. Brown which I stamped twice. First with Staz-On timbre brown and then with versamark ink to emboss it in a golden honey pearl color. The timber brown stamped image gives a nice shadow effect under the embossed image. Then I used Postcards ATC size and other fun stamps for more interest. The sentiment "she flies with her own wings" is a part of this stamp by Cat Kerr which I thought would be fitting to add here. I also stamped this sentiment twice to get a shadow effect. 




After I matted the card on cream paper and adhered onto a black card (which I used Miracle Tape for!)
 I also embossed the dandelion and sentiment on the envelope, which is also in a honey pearl cream color.

They make a classy pair, the card and envelope and is ready to be written on and mailed out!


Stamps used: 
Blowing Dandelion and Extra Seed by Susan M. Brown 
Postcards ATC size 
"she flies with her own wings" is a part of this stamp by Cat KerrWriting
Circles background
Smear/Smudge
Stitching Lines 1

Others:
Miracle Tape
Thick vellum paper
Cream pearlized envelope
The Crafter's Workshop Light and Fluffy Modeling paste
Carabelle studio circle stencil
Distress inks: Old paper, vintage photo and ground espresso
Staz-On inks: Jet Black, Timber Brown, Saddle brown
Top Boss Honey Pearl embossing powder
Distress Stain Tarnished Brass

Hope this inspired you to play along with our challenge this month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments: