Friday, July 22, 2016

Reality

Hello everyone,

and welcome to the blog where today I am sharing an art journal page.

I have made a tutorial and invite you to get a drink, sit down and have a look...


As always I'll show you the finished product first:





And here's how:


I started off with a piece of white drawing paper. 



I tool out some paints and a brayer to give it some colour. I made sure to leave some white areas. 




I took out my mini round gelli plate to add some more detail. I used purple and white paint in this case. 


Make sure you don't use too much paint. Better too little than too much. 



I used this piece of cardboard to make a pattern on the plate before printing. 


This is how that looks. 


I did this three times. I thought that looked good ! 


Next I got my favourite background stamps out and started stamping with inks in similar colours to the paint I used. I did add a grey for more variation. 



That is the background done ! Love it !!! 


Next I stamped my main image and the sentiment I was going to use on a piece of white card stock. 


I also stamped the top half of him on the page. This way I can cut off the 'hair' from the separate stamped image and when I adhere it over the top the 'hair' is there again. 


I got out some UmWow studio Star Confetti and heat-embossed them with a light purple embossing powder. 



They go all shiny, lovely...



Next it was time to colour my man. I used Copic Markers... my favourite way of colouring as it is quick and easy.. 


And here he is in all his glory ! 


Here is the finished product again. Everything adhered. As a finishing touch I added some black pen around the sentiment. 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

I have used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today !



4 comments:

Tarnished Rose said...

This is wonderful. I love it.

Marilyn

Star7 said...

That would a really cool "Thinking of you" card. Thank you for sharing. TAT

by belle said...

Fantastic as usual Corrie!!

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Very cool techniques!!