Monday, December 14, 2015

Still Becoming

Every year I pick a word or a phrase that helps me to stay focused,helps me to find my way. And when I pick it,I put that word/phrase everywhere. On my fridge,in my car,in my wallet,in my art room...it's everywhere. 
This year,my word has to do with the idea of transformation, of something new,of growing.
My phrase for 2016 is .."Still Becoming"...
and so when I selected the stamps I was going to use in this project
I already knew they had to have something to do with my phrase. 
But instead of creating a physical piece I wanted to use these images to create a new banner for my website. 

I first stamped the images on to white card stock and then took pictures of each one.


I uploaded each image to Photoshop...


I then used the Magic Extractor tool to remove everything but the black image.


I then saved the files as Png's


and headed to the photo editing program Pic Monkey and created assorted banners in the Design Tool.


Here are some of the banners I came up with...







But below is the one I ended up with....
and I decided to go with no background and so 
I turned the banner into a Png File. You can see how it looks on my website here.

I really love the way it came out!

If you want information on "Becoming" a better person, here's a great article! 

Here's to 2016! 

Happy Creating friends! 

Stamps I used in this tutorial:


No comments: