Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Art Journaling with Scraps


Hello stampers out there. I recently had some fun with one of Viva Las VegaStamps newest releases. 


I played with the plate 1470. I decided to play with one of my scrap journal pages and a sheet from a mono print from my stash. I made my own gelatin plate and went to town with stencils and Dylusions Paints. I made several several prints talk about a fun night. Next time I want to try it with some deli paper though. 

So here is my art journal page. I stamped the sentiment and the bookmark style stamp on white cardstock and cut them out.  


I used a scrap of the mono print behind the sentiment and you can see the pattern behind in the background was the actual print. 


Everything was adhered down with a matte gel medium so I could use my black PITT Pen and smudge a border around what I wanted a border on. 


The actual background before I added everything had some blue gelato that I had wiped up off my craft sheet. I used a baby wipe and a stencil to take away some color. 


Again I had no clue what I was doing but having fun with some scrap stuff I had laying around and some of the new stamps. 

So grab some and have some fun and don't forget to share your work over at the VLVS Groupies Facebook Page!