Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Specimen

Hello everyone,

For my DT post today I made a card. I love this bunny, he looks so sweet ! I wrote up how I made this card so sit down, have a nice cup of coffee and enjoy !



This is the finished project and here is how I made it :


I painted a piece of white card stock with gesso. 


Next I mixed Primary Elements with soft gel Medium and 


painted my card with that....


I then sprayed some Lindy's spray ink on it and it gave me this mottled effect which I thought was nice.


Then I got my stamps out ! 



The bell jar was stamped straight on the card along with some numbers in the background. I used black Archival ink for the jar and grey for the numbers.



The rest of the images were stamped on separate card stock, I used Memento ink for the bunny and the bee as I was going to colour with Copic Markers. The sentiment words, of which I only used one in the end, were stamped on black card stock using Versamark ink. I then heat embossed them with white embossing powder.




Here is how it looked after colouring...




I then decided to stamp the jar on acetate also; I used StaZon ink for this. I got rid of the back bottom rim with a cotton bud and some StaZon cleaner and cut it out.  Next I glued the bunny on the card.


I then adhered the acetate jar over the top. The bee was glued over the acetate, so was the sentiment. I also drew some doodle lines on the edges of the card panel...


Lastly I adhered the panel to a card blank. 


Here is a view from the side so you can see the shiny acetate. It looks like bunny is really in a glass jar... 

I used the following stamps:



Thank you so much for stopping by today !



1 comment:

by belle said...

I just love the dumb bunny!! Great under the bell jar!