Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Mosaic of Stamped Flowers Make a Quick and Easy Card

It's Sunday and Welcome to Viva Las Vegastamps!!! Susan here with a quick and simple card. I hope you are having a fun day creating and getting inky!

I'm unwinding from Christmas in July and the Halloween madness is just about to begin...so I've made a sunny flower card using the Stylized Bee #3713 and Daisies #4994 stamps


I stamped the images using a Ranger rainbow ink pad with an orange to brown color blend onto a piece of handpainted yellow paper. I painted this particular paper using acrylic paints and a technique by Traci Bautista's from her book "Collage Unleashed". I really enjoy painting my own papers and I have a whole stash of them in different colors. **A TIP** Whenever I am painting, I use any leftover paint on my palette to paint over vintage sheet music or book pages; or just to paint over white cardstock. 


I stamped the Daisies on the bottom right side. Then I made a couple of quick masks with stickie notes and continued stamping daises across the bottom of the sheet, masking each before overlapping the next impression. That creates a beautiful garden of daisies - all it needs is a stamped bee. Since I stamped over acrylic paint, I heat set ink to make sure it was completely dry and wouldn't smear. 

I cut the paper apart into asymmetrical sections then inked the edges of each. I adhered the pieces back together using my MIRACLE TAPE into a mosaic pattern. I added some touches of color with a few colors from my set of Ranger Distress Markers. The "Picket Fence" {white} really makes the daisy petals pop. I added a few bling gem rhinestones...and a quick and easy card is ready to go!


Throughout the month of August, twice a week, the VLVS! Design Team is featuring sketch journals by Clairefontaine. You can see their products HEREAs part of this month long event...Viva Las Vegastamps! and Clairefontaine are hosting a contest this month--comment on all the Clairefontaine posts throughout the month to get a chance at a free journal and a $15 coupon to the VLVS! online store! Great prize!! Good luck!! Remember, you can't win if you don't enter!!!

The next Clairefontaine post by will be with Lyneen on Tuesday. 



I am currently working on another art journal page in my Clairefontaine journal and I can't wait to share it with you. Please take some time to stroll around to see what the rest of the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team has been creating as well. To see what else I've been up to please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. I will be back with another inky adventure on August 20th.

Have a great day! Sb

6 comments:

Paint Zoom Reviews said...

I love it!!! That color is amazing and what great designers they are! Wonderful ideas. Beautiful

Sandra Strait said...

What a beautiful card this is! I love the colors!

Sheri said...

awesome card!

LeslieRahye said...

super project Susan! love the technique!

Lyneen said...

Love the mosaic pattern.... the colors with a touch of white are GREAT!

Tarnished Rose said...

Beautiful!

Smiles~
Marilyn