Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Celebrate the Every Day

If you haven't heard or haven't been paying attention... VLVS! is hosting a monthly challenge where a selected winner receives a gift certificate to the online store! Very generous of our fearless leader, Wayne! 

This month's theme is "CELEBRATION"

and I made my first piece for January based off the idea.. but with a twist.. I'm a big fan of "the small things" and so I went with "Celebrate the Every Day"

I recently got my little grubbers on two fabulous stamps that are going right in the front of my stash.. 







I used the chicken wire as a background.. I stamped it in clear embossing ink and then doused it Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder by VLVS! I then smeared, sprayed and spritzed a combination of Broken China distress stain and water all over my tag. Once that was dry I laid newsprint over my tag and ironed out the embossing ink. Then I grabbed the bird stamp, my Memento Ink and a clear block.. some creative placement and VIOLA! the "Sing" "Chatter" and "Spread Joy" were written by hand in black ink on manila to match the rest of the tag. Swipe the edges of the tag with the same ink as the stamp and some creative doodling... And we get....



Thanks for coming by again this week!! Don't forget to enter your own piece into the competition!

-DeeDee

9 comments:

Joe Rotella said...

OOO I love this!! Distressed and vintage like...I really love it!

Joe M said...

I love your tag DeeDee! I have thought about buying that bird stamp myself and I LOVE what you did with the chicken wire! Very cool! You are so creative.

Sonia said...

Hello Dee Dee
I love that chicken wire stamp, next time when I travel to Vegas hope I found the stamp.
Best Wishes for 2012.
Greetings from Puerto Rico
-Sony

Sonia said...

Oopss! sorry, i forgot to comments about your tag... I love how you did the tag, Totally Gorgeous, Great job!
Love it!!

Chris said...

Love the new stamps and love your tag DeeDee

by belle said...

D2, Love the tag. As always, great work!!

rosenrobrt said...

Dee Dee...Great Minds think alike! I decided (before I knew about you and the Bird Stamp to pick a couple of stamps as my prize from the New Year's Blog Hop...and The Birds on the Wire was my first Pick!! I love how the chicken wire turned out so I guess I will be adding to my wish list.....VERY NICE

Anca said...

Love how the tag turned out - the chicken wire stamp is awesome!

Aimee said...

Dang it Dee Dee now I need that chicken wire!!
Love it!