Sunday, December 04, 2011

Season's Greetings Side Step Card

Seasons Greetings Side Step Card

I participate in a card swap at Red Letter Journals. On the first Sunday of every month, about two dozen card makers get together to learn a new technique and trade cards using the technique they learned the previous month. It’s a great way to learn new things, have fun and get some great cards!

Today at the card swap our friend Nancy shared a “side step card” that really impressed me. As soon as I got home, I put the project I had ready to post on the back burner and created this card using two stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps! ; Waving Santa 2 ¾ x 2 ¾ #4820 and Seasons Greetings Square 1 ¾ x 2 ¼ #10110.

Waiving Santa Stamp #4820 from Viva Las Vegastamps!Seasons Greetings #10110 stamp from Viva Las Vegastamps!

The stamps were stamped on white cardstock using black dye ink and then colored using Copic markers. To highlight the images, glitter was applied using Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer as an adhesive. The fine tip made it easy to get in to the tiniest parts of the stamped image. Since the Crystal Lacquer dries completely clear, you can still see the stamped image under the glitter.

I created the “HO! HO! HO!” banner on the computer, punched out a gift box using the Martha Stewart present punch and cut out a Christmas tree using Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL).

I cut out the card base using a side step card pattern I found at Carson’s Creations.

Check out the 12 Tags of Christmas Blog Hop that's going on at Viva Las Vegastamps! The tags look fantastic!

You can see my other projects on my blog on Create & Craft.

Happy Crafting!

Joe Rotella

5 comments:

rubber stamps said...

Nice stamps .. and beautiful cards...!!!!

Lyneen said...

Love your card... the stamped images are perfect for the side step!

Joe Rotella said...

Thanks! It was a really fun card to make too!

Stampo said...

Wunnerful, wunnerful!

Joe M said...

Your card came out so nice! I love it.