Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Fish-tastic birthday by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello All! Today I made a Birthday card that will work for anyone in your life...


So first I Sprayed my card with a variety of spray stains, let dry then spray some more to get that water look.


next I stamped the corona virus image and added a bit of brown ink to  the tops of each blob for what will become my puffer fish balloons.
I tried drawing the faces on, on a different card for a test run and lets just say I stamp because I cannot draw. So that lead me to my trusty computer  where I googled puffer fish so I could  find a cute face to use. I still had to draw the fins but that was okay. Once I found a suitable fish face, I printed them out in different sizes to fit each balloon. I cut them out and glued them on. I then added Some fishing lure eyes I have a stock of in different sizes. I also stamped the shark and painted him in adding a glow in the dark eye to him.


Next I cut some waves from a wave die and also used a wave stencil to add waves to the card. I used just a part of the die cut waves and sponged ink onto it. then I added some glitter glue for a bit of sparkle.

I used foam tape on the back of the shark for dimension, placed him on card, then added die cut waves. Last I took a fine black marker and drew the balloon strings down to the shark like he's got them tied to his fin or something. I needed a saying so again, Typed them out on the computer and added ink and foam tape and stuck to card. Couple layers of cardstock and done!
I hope you enjoyed, it was a fun card to make! Until next time- stay crafty!

Stamps used:
Corona Virus      20547
Shark head,lg.    4018

Other Supplies:
Distress spray stains: Salvage Patina, Blueprint Sketch, Speckeled Egg, Squeezed Lemoade, Weathered Woood, Pumice stone, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet

Versaclair: Nocturne, Warm breeze
Stickles glitter glue- Crystal
Waves die- Sizzix thinlet Mystical seascape #665269
Ocean waves stencil- The crafters workshop TCW2322
Fishing lure eyes- can found on amazon





 


1 comment:

Aimee said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I adore this card. I love the use of the rona stamp for the puffer fish (and your solution for the faces!!).