Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Is it time for Halloween yet? Spooky card with Josefine.

Halloween! My favorite time of the year for card making. While I'm waiting for the new Halloween stamps (from Plate 1504) to arrive at home, I wanted to get a head start with my Halloween crafts using some older Halloween stamps.


I started with a slightly different idea. I wanted to create a shining moon for the Bats over Moon stamp, so I started with ink blending a light color onto some watercolor paper.


But the moonlight ended up being a much larger area. I just rolled with it because I wanted to know where it takes me.


To add some initial texture, I sued some simple bubble wrap and stamped the same inks all over the background. Before stamping, I misted the bubble wrap with some water.


Then I added a variety of mark-making stamps to the background - again, using the same colors that I used for the initial ink blending.



Here you can see the finished background (waiting for the water to dry ;) ).


Now I stamped the bats.


I also stamped the Halloween labels onto a piece of cardstock and decorated it with some of the stamps that I used for the background. I then cut them out and distressed the edges.


I wanted to mount the card onto a separate piece of black cardstock to make it stand out a bit more. To give that background piece some texture, I stamped the Beware Of stamp using white ink. You don't see much of it at the end - mainly that awesome font.


After I adhered the pieces together, I added a bit of ribbon and a trinket - and voila, the first Halloween card of the year is done.



Wit a lot of fun texture :)


When my husband saw the card, he was reminded of the movie Suicide Squad... the colors match it pretty nicely.


Stamps used:



Thanks so much for stopping by :)



No comments: