Monday, April 20, 2020

You Are Here

hello everyone.
It's Leanne back with another crazy installment...
this time I didn't really know where to start .. No Surprises there..
so I started with stamping some of my background stamps onto tissue paper with Stazon Ink.
I mean we can never have too much collage paper can we.....

so then I got out my art journal and collaged up a background..
still no clue where it was going... added some crackle and some masking tape for texture.. 

and then i added some colour paint and removed some through a stencil. all the time building up layers. Lisa Oxley inspired 
and then i thought.. this is grungy so I would add some Banksy..
of course..
so I stamped the Banksy: Mom Prepareing Anarchist stamp onto a piece of Pianola roll.
I liked the words.


 stuck all of it down. added some more paint the same way as before..
and then I thought if I'm going Banksy I need some Brick wall,
so I used the Row of Scribble Square.. because they are Brickish.. 
and embossed it with some chunky Lindy's gang embossing powder.,
and then it wasn't quite bricky enough.. so I stamped the same stamp with 2 different distress oxide colours and then spritz some water..

 and to Finish it all of I found a title and Stamp and Embossed it white..
outlined the words with Stabilo All Pencil (Black) and then activated it and just let it pool around the embossing..
finished off by outlining it all with stabilo and activating it to give it some grunge.

and this is the result..

"You are Here"
 Do I like it?
the jury is still out. But what I really LOVED was the Process.
the process is what gives me STRENGTH 
(Cue this months Challenge..... #april20)

and some more close ups for you.....



 see the collage papers I made earlier peaking through in the background.

 VLVS! used:
(for the collage papers)

Writing Circles Background (sku: 19567)

Butterfly specimens (sku: 19415)
Distressed Row of Lines (sku: 20171)
The main page:
Row of Scribble Squares (sku: 20164)
Banksy: Mom Preparing Anarchist (sku: 20074)
You are Here (sku: 19178)

other materials used:
Atelier: Gesso white; Free flow acrylic Paynes Grey
Viva: Faceteen-Lack crackle
Liquitex: Gel medium
Matisse: Gesso Off White
Stazon: Jet black
Kinder Kreations: Tri Nitro stencil
Dina Wakley Media: acrylic paint Ruby
Ranger: Antiquites Weathered White embossing powder
Lindy's gang: Tin Roof Rusted embossing powder
Ranger: Distress oxide: Walnut Stain, Ground Espresso
Stabilo: All Pencil Black
Tissue paper, Pianola roll, Masking tape.

Until next time...
don't forget the April Challenge STRENGTH...

live with Respect..
xo

No comments: