Sunday, October 20, 2019

Valley of the Blind - Art Journal spread by Cheetarah


Hi VLVS! fans, hope you all are doing great! It's Cheetarah here and I have a art journal spread to share with you made in my pocket watercolor journal. The stamps I used are listed at the end of the post. 


In my Hanemuhle pocket watercolor journal I stamped the whimsical Cyclops and Banksy line of punks with memento Tuxedo black on the pages. It didn't matter that the imprint wasn't as solid black because I am going to use watercolors over it. 

I really love the design of this cyclops, the eye is so wonderfully pronounced. Started with the face and just slowly built up layers as you do with watercolors. 

When I was satisfied with the look of the face I made a mask by stamping the image on post it paper and stuck it to the colored image before I went to do the background. 

Made sun rays by using a stencil and yellow, orange and gold watercolors. I extended the rays to the other page and darkened the 'punks' by using an indigo color mixed with a little bit of magenta to make it a little purple. 


To finish the page I stamped big and small numbers plus some dandelion seeds in orange to pull the pages together. The wrote the quote "In the valley of the blind, the One-Eyed person is King" with a Tombow fudenosuke lettering pen. 

Stamps used: 

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments: