Thursday, October 03, 2019

Spooky - Halloween/October Challenge 2019

Hello everyone,
welcome to SPOOKY...
Halloween 2019.
You might have guessed but this months challenge is.....
HALLOWEEN!!! (Insert spooky music)....
so for this project I've created a little tag and Step by step instructions...
 starting off with a Dylusions Tag, I added some magazine pieces, and then layered
a Kinder Kreations Tree stencil (KK1657) with Modelling Paste.
 allowed it to dry and then covered it with Black Gesso 
 Then I got out my first of my Halloween stamps
this super cool and slightly rude 
Skeleton Family (sku: 19206)
with black Stazon Ink. I stamped 3 of them because I wanted to layer them up.
 Fussy cut them out, with each layer taking a little more away.
 I coloured the last one with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Carved Pumpkin
The top two I just used Gel Medium
and for the bottom set I used some foam mount to add a little more dimension
 Next I went back to the background and stamped
Fancy Spiderweb Corner (sku: 19208)
in the bottom corners with Distress Oxide in Hickory Smoke
added some Lindy's Gang Angel Wings Sapphire Embossing powder and heat set it.
 Then I added the "stars"

Cross Marks Background (sku: 20165)
with Distress Oxide in Wild Honey and Embossed 
with Lindy's Gang Adobe Fire embossing powder
 next up I added the 
Full Moon (sku: 18911)
with Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch and Embossed 
with Lindy's Gang Desert Moon Turquoise
 I added some fibres to the top and stitched the edges 
 then I added my Layered up Skeleton Family 
(which I added a wash of Distress Oxides: Hickory Smoke and Iced Spruce)
and finished off with 
Spooky (sku: 19735)
with Wild Honey and Embossed 
with Lindy's Gang, Adobe Fire powder. 
I also added some colour to the background tree with Silks Acrylic Glaze Nutmeg
 the final product...
Don't forget to check out the Facebook Groupies page and Load your Halloween creations
to enter the October Challenge ( #oct19)
"Spooky"







VLVS! used:
Skeleton Family (sku: 19206)
Fancy Spiderweb Corner (sku: 19208)
Cross Marks Background (sku: 20165)
Full Moon (sku: 18911)
Spooky (sku: 19735)


Other materials used:
Dylusions Tag
Magazine Text
Kinder Kreations Tree Stencil (KK 1657)
Matisse Black Gesso
Stazon Jet Black Ink Pad
Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Oxide: Hickory Smoke, Wild Honey, Blueprint Sketch, Iced Spruce,                                                                  Carved Pumpkin
Silks Acrylic Glaze Nutmeg
Thread

Live with Respect
Leanne xo

No comments: