Tuesday, July 23, 2019

She Was An Artist | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I am sharing a mixed media scrapbook layout that I created to document some photos from a recent kids art class that I taught. It was so much fun teaching the kids - they are so free in their approach and have no reservations when asked to do something.


I started my page by creating the background, which was inspired by the piece I had taught in the class. I used the beautiful bright Ranger Dylusions paints, which I applied to my cardstock using a silicone spatula.


Once the paint was dry, it was time to add some stamping. The first stamp I chose was the Whimsical Leaf, which I stamped out over the green paint on my page using StazOn black ink.


I then used the Leaves and Three Extra Leaves stamp to add more foliage over the green paint. This essentially provided a "frame" for my page.


Next, I wanted to add an "arty" quote to my page so I chose the Art is Anything quote by Andy Warhol, which I also stamped using the black StazOn.


Now it was time to add some papery background layers. I wanted to incorporate some art themed things, so I used some Jane Davenport collage paper that featured a paint palette print. I also used a paint sample card from my local hardware store; as well as a doily and some folded tissue paper.


Once I had those layers in place I then collaged on the Magic Maker Paintbrush that I had stamped onto some tissue paper before adding some frayed gauze for texture, then my photos on top.


With most of the main elements in place for my layout it was time to go and add some of the smaller details. I found two more art themed quotes I wanted to add - handmade with he{ART} and then I combined she was and an artist (which I ended up deciding to use as my page title).


I then added some embellishments to finish off my page. First, a handmade heart from Charms Creations, which I placed near the handmade quote. I also added some pieces of twisted coloured wire for extra interest.


Next, I added the Cocoa Vanilla Studio yay flair button and some wood veneer hearts that I painted white.


I also added a black wood veneer arrow that I coloured black using a Sharpie.


To finish off, I stamped the Scribble Heart, then added a few enamel dots dotted around the page and a splatter of white Dylusions mist.


That's all from me today, I hope I have inspired you to get inky too. Until next time, happy stamping! 


Stamps used:

Other materials:
- Bazzill cardstock
- Ranger Dylusions paints and mist
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- Jane Davenport collage papers
- paint sample card, doily, tissue paper
- Charms Creations handmade heart
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio flair button
- wood veneer pieces
- coloured wire
- enamel dots

No comments: