Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Just Because by Leanne Jago

Hello everyone,
I hope your Easter or Break or just this time of year has been fantastic.
Today I am sharing a Banksy inspired piece using some of the freaking fantastic Banksy stamps. Yes I love everything Banksy; his art, his message, his secrecy and the visual simplicity of his statement pieces.
So with that in consideration I set out to create a pretty simple but fun and unique piece.


To be totally honest, it was a pretty simple make but it had quite a few layers and steps. AND worst of all waiting…….
And I did for a minute think of leaving it once I finished stitching the pieces together…



How about joining me and watching the whole thing unfold …


But instead I continued on and ended up with a piece that I absolutely love, that much that it is already hanging up on my loungeroom art gallery wall..
Here are a few more close ups.







VLVS! Supplies:
Banksy: Wall Singer  sku: 20303
                You have 0 Friends Kid  sku: 20077
                Enjoy Your Life  sku: 20064
                Just Because  sku: 20293
                Butterfly Shooter  sku: 20300
                Ladder Painter  sku: 20298
                Zebra Washing  sku: 20297
Cross Marks Background   sku: 20165
Carved X’s  sku: 20162


Other supplies:
Tea and Coffee Bags
Lindys Magical Shaker: Cowabunga Copper, Grab a Guy Gold
Stabilo All Pencil Black
Atelier: Gesso Primer- white
Matisse: Gesso – Black
Encaustic Wax


Thank you so much for stopping by,
Leanne

1 comment:

ginag said...

Very inspiring video, loved the use of tea bags and encaustic wax with the Banksy stamps. Thank you for sharing!