Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Whimsical Owl Tag - with Elina

Hi!
Elina here today, sharing with you my latest mixed media tag creation:

For the tag background I used a fun resist technique:
Using my craft mat as my ink pad, I stamped the stained glass pattern on the tag with Distress Paint (color 'Antique Linen'). My tag was a bit longer than my stamp, so I stamped the pattern in two pieces, masking the center of the tag with a paper strip.


Once the paint was dry I inked the background with yellow and brown Distress Inks (colors 'Mustard Seed' and 'Vintage Photo'). The dried paint resisted the ink, and the dark ink highlighted my background pattern beautifully.


I placed the inked tag on my stamping platform, and stamped the main images with black StazOn. Before staming I glued a strip of paper on the bottom of the tag; the lovely owl needed a ground to stand on.

 
Then I stamped the main images on white paper, colored with Promarkers, and fuzzy cut. The last step was gluing the images on the tag, and my project was finished!


For this project I used the following VLVS! stamps:

Whimsical Owl in Clothes 1 3/4 x 3
Flying Eye Insect 2 3/4 x 2 1/4
Stained Glass/Mosaic Background 4 x 5 1/2

Wishing you a wonderful day!


3 comments:

Majo said...

This is yet another beautiful creation, dear Elina! Love that eye insect stamp!

Heidi said...

I LOVE this tag - really fabulous!

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous tag !