Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Do all things with love

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the VivaLasVegaStamps! blog where today I am sharing an art journal spread. Initially the top of the pages was orange but when I didn't like it, I just changed it into blue ! That is the beauty of acrylic paint !  Anyway, here it is :


So, I started with painting the pages with gesso. I used a silicone brush for that, well actually it is more of a scraper than a brush. I then added the colours, green at the bottom, yellow in the middle and orange at the top. Next I used a stencil and white paint to tone it down. I also use a brayer to add more white over the colours but I still didn't like it. I solved the problem by painting over the orange with white gesso and then adding the blue and repeating the stencilling. I like ! 
Next I used the flower stamp with dark green paint at the bottom; make sure to wash your stamps straight away after using paint because when it dries is it almost impossible to get off. 
Next I stamped the background randomly with inks in similar colours. The plane and the boy in the tub were stamped on book pages as was the sentiment. I coloured the boy and the plane lightly and then cut everything out and adhered it to my page. A little doodling around the words and some shading under the tub finished it off. 




I have used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 






No comments: