Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Creepy Creatures on Layered ATC's

Hi!
Elina here today sharing with you my latest VLVS! creation; a set of ATC cards!



Aren't those Leslie Wood images adorable! I stamped them on white paper, colored with Promarkers, and cut out.



For cutting I used both paper scissors and a craft knife. Some of the parts were bit tricky to cut out precisely, and I could not avoid leaving a thin white border here and there. So here's a tip: If you're bothered with the borders, use a black marker pen to cover the white areas by the stamped border lines :)



For coloring the backgrounds I used two tones of blue Distress inks. After inking the background I splashed water on the cards and dried the paper with a heat gun.  This is such a fun and easy technique to add background patterns!



I continued decorating the ATC backgrounds with two border stamps. The larger one I stamped directly on the card, and the thinner border I stamped on a piece of light blue paper.



Before gluing the standing image on the card front I stamped the image on the background. The creature's hair was impossible to cut, so the easier option was to re-stamp the image on the background, to cut out the image,  and to glue the image on top of the stamped the background..



Here are two cards of the finished  ATC set. Hope you like them! :)


For this project I used the following VLVS! stamps:

Creepy Striped Creature by Leslie Wood
Creepy Creature Sitting by Leslie Wood
Whimsical Border
Typeset Scallop






Wishing you a nice day!
¨

4 comments:

Julie S said...

Oh, Elina, love these! Being and ATC fan AND a fan of these little guys your make is spot on. :D

Majo said...

Beautiful ATC's and a fun way to create them!

Elina Stromberg said...

Thank you Julie and Mojo for your lovely comments! <3

by belle said...

Those guys are so cute! Love how you used them on the ATC's!