Thursday, February 22, 2018

Art Journal Page: Once Upon A Time

Hi VLVS! Friends,
Elina here with you today, sharing my latest art jounal page I created in my Moleskine book:



Inspiration for this page was the amazing 'Vornii The Bookish' stamp image by Brian Kesinger. I'm a big fan of his style and truly armire his talent; his gorgeous, detailed dragon images take my mind directly to childhood story books. I've always been quite a bookworm, and I loved creating this reading themed art journal page, using the reading dragon as my main image.

I started with stamping the image on white paper, using heavy semi-glossy laser printing paper and black Memento ink.  For coloring i used my Promarker pens.
Once the coloring was finished, I fuzzy cut the image with scissors.


There are quite many layers on this page: I started with gluing down paper strips that I had cut out of an old book. The book page pattern looked quite busy on my art journal page, so I calmed it down by a adding a thin layer of white gesso on top. For spreading the gesso I used an old bonus card; I think it's the best tool when you don't want to cover the page completely but rather to add just a hint of white here and there.



Once the gesso was dry I glued leftover pieces of light beige cardstock and strips of burlap paper on the page background. That was just fun random collaging without too much thinking. For gluing I used liquid collage glue (matte acrylic adhesive); the same media I also used for adhering and sealing the fuzzy cut dragon image.


Creating this page made me smile; I hope you have a chance to do something you like, too!

For this page I used the following VLVS! stamps:

Vornii The Bookish by Brian Kesinger
Row of Scribble Squares

Other supplies:
Stamping inks (Memento 'Tuxedo Black'; Stazon 'Saddle Brown')
Promarker alcohol markers for coloring
White gesso, old bonus card
Collage glue stick; matte acrylic adhesive
Old book pages
Leftover strips of cardstock and burlap paper

Wishing you a wonderful day!



8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Simply fabulous - and now on my wishlist, Jo x

Julie S said...

Oh, wow, LOVE this!

ionabunny said...

Very cool. Love that dragon. Hugz

Cheetarah said...

awesome! Love what you done with the bookish dragon :)

Elina Stromberg said...

Thank you for the lovely comments! ❤

by belle said...

Love it Elina! I might just need that dragon stamp!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is great! I love this dragon stamp and love how you've used it. I have to put this on my wishlist! Thanks.

Tindaloo said...

LOVE this cute dragon and your fabulous creation ♥