Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Mini Art Journal Cover by Jenn Engle

Hey everyone! Lately, I have been making a whole bunch of mini art journals. It can get a little tedious but my favorite part is decorating the covers. For this cover, I used a few of my favorite mark making stamps.

STAMPS USED:


Single Star


The cover for my journal is just a sheet of cardstock that had a very light gelli print on it. There was barely any color on the page, so the first thing I did was apply quite a few colors of acrylic paint with a brayer. I just added layer after layer until I was happy. I applied my paint without drying in between layers. If you do that, you have to be careful of your paint choices so you don't mix the wrong colors and end up with mud. I mainly used magenta, yellow, and light blue. All those colors mix well together, so I wasn't worried. 

Next, I added a number stencil with blue acrylic paint. Then, I started my stamping. I used a dark green and grey ink for my Single Star, a pink ink for my Cross Marks Background, and black ink with my Carved Xs .

I wanted to push back some of that stamping, so I brayered some more paint onto my page. I made sure I kept my layers very thin and sheer so you can still see the stamping.  
My last step was to add my main stamp, Art is Anything Andy Warhol. Also, I added some black splatters.  


My cover has a flower button and rainbow ribbon for a closure. It is stitched to a piece of canvas for the spine.  

And that is it for my journal cover! If you have an questions at all, please let me know in the comments and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 


STAMPS USED:



Other Products Used:
Acrylic Paint
Brayer
Archival Ink
Number Stencil
India Ink
Mini Art Journal


Thanks for looking,
Jenn 

2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic colours Jenn ! Great cover !
Corrie x

Afke said...

Beautiful !