Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Eat My Dust

How exciting, Nikki here with my very first post ... I have been a fan of Viva Las VegaStamps! for a number of years, and am delighted to share my first make on the Design Team.

I have made a 4"x6" postcard featuring one of the newest additions to my VLVS addiction, erm ... I mean collection ! LOL. 

I enjoyed coloring Lady on Scooter, with copics and metallic pencil, isn't she great. I sure hope I am still scootering at her age!
The wording 'Eat my Dust' is to demonstrate just how fast she is actually going ...  
Can you see the determination on her face :


For the background I wanted to do something in stark contrast to her somewhat conservative demeanor so I went for a northern lights mystical sort of background, with lots of space dust :)

I used mixed media card stock and painted it with black gesso, then sponged on white actylic paint. When that was dry I sponged over the white with alizarin crimson and ultramarine blue. Adding color on top of white always makes it appear more obvious and vibrant. I splatted water down white acrylic for my stars :


 Now to really highlight this gorgeous gal. I used my 4" round gelli® plate with green acrylic and a stencil, then I stamped this onto my background and rolled off some of the excess paint on the roller to make the ground and added a little green into the sky :

This green whimsical moon-like sphere was perfect to highlight the focal image. I adhered my image to the postcard with miracle tape. Finally I added the wording 'East my dust' with letter stickers.

Stamps used :

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to sharing my makes with you over the next few months :)
Nikki x





5 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous first post, Nikki !
Corrie x

Lea said...

Love it when a project makes me smile and giggle! This is one of those projects! I'm sure that will be me someday as I have a definite need for speed with anything on wheels or with wings! Fabulous job and great tutorial, too!

kim TangledBlueRose said...

So funny! Love it bunches. Well done Nikki, great first post!~kim

by belle said...

Great make Nikki!!

Julie Steed said...

The green sphere reminds me of the dust cloud left as she cruises by at lightning speeds. :) Awesome post, Nikki. Woot woot!