Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Super freak

Hello everyone,

Today it is my turn to share a project with you.  For this post I have made a postcard using my new paints... and of course loads of yummy VivaLasVegaStamps! I really enjoyed making this..





I started out with a piece of white card stock which I painted with white gesso. After it dried I used a palet knife to scrape Art Anthology Sorbet paint over it. I used yellow, orange and pink. I had to put on two layers to cover all the white gesso. Next I got the gesso out again and scraped some over here and there, using the same palet knife. I also put some around the edges. I then used a stencil and some modelling paste to make the background more interesting. I coloured the stencilled dots with similar coloured inks and my fingers after it dried to make it blend in with the background. You can still see it although it is very subtle. 
Next I randomly stamped the background. There is a list of all the stamps I used at the bottom of this post. Next I stamped the boy and the sentiment. The boy was coloured, cut out and clear embossed. The open letters of the sentiment were coloured in with a black marker and the edges of the strip of paper were inked with a black Archival ink pad. 
Both the boy and the sentiment were then adhered to the card. 

I used the following stamps:

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


3 comments:

Paulien said...

Great spooky card, Corrie!
Luv' this stamp.

by belle said...

Beautiful colors and she is such a cute little devil!!

Gerrina said...

De kleuren en achtergrond zijn prachtig, maar ze kijkt zo boos...niks om de ochtend mee te beginnen :) Groetjes, Gerrina