Monday, April 08, 2019

F*ck the Road Not Taken | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here with my latest design team project with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout to share that features a gorgeous poppy stamp and some photos documenting my tutor display at last year's Brisbane Scrapbook Expo here in Australia. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not one for blindly following the rules, nor am I about being "fake". This layout celebrates the fact that my display was all about representing ME.



To create my page I began by brushing and splattering some black Dina Wakley acrylic paint onto my cardstock. (In hindsight I should have changed my shirt before doing this...another one ruined with paint splattered up my sleeve! haha)



While the paint was drying, I took the Poppy stamp and stamped it out several times onto another sheet of white cardstock using black StazOn ink. I then added colour to each of them using a small brush and a selection of Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks before cutting them out and setting them aside. 
On the same sheet of cardstock, I also stamped out the Triangle Banner stamp using 'Shaded Lilac' Distress Oxide, then fussy cut each of those out as well.


To assemble my page, I started by adding my photos, using some cardboard underneath them to pop them up from the background; and a few pieces of messy white cotton thread for texture. I then arranged the poppies and banners around my photos, using foam tape under some of them for extra dimension.


Alongside my photos I stamped the words Somebody Stop Me! (can anyone, really?) then I also stamped The Road Not Taken sentiment three times onto my page. I also added the Fuck You stamp to finish my title, which led into my handwritten journalling. (Which just explains about how I probably broke some of the unspoken etiquette rules about tutor displays but accurately represented myself.)


I finished off by stamping the Doodle Dots stamp randomly around my page used 'Picked Raspberry' Distress Oxide.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this, I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used: 
Poppy

Other materials:
- Bazzill cardstock
- Dina Wakley acrylic paint
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks
- Ranger Distress Oxides
- Foam tape
- Felt pen

No comments: