Friday, April 21, 2017

ATC Freaky Little Thing by Cheetarah


Hey all, it's Cheetarah here today and I'm sharing an ATC I have made with our wonderful Viva Las VegaStamps! It's based on this month's challenge inspiration board. 

 
The gorgeous blue green colors of the mood board inspired me as well as stamps by Mary Vogel Lozinak! We'd also like to inspire you with words like SPRING! flowers, doodles, buds, whimsical, patterns, checkerboard, stars, wings, Mary Vogel Lozinak, banners, green, teal, white, black... and whatever else you may be inspired from by seeing the mood board.

I've used a fun and easy resist technique for the background with heavy matte medium and ecoline watercolors.

First I took a 6x6 piece of patterned scrap book paper, put a thin layer of gesso over it and then brayered on some Paper Artsy fresco paint Hint of Mint.  You still see a bit of the design of the paper showing through for some muted texture. Then I took a stencil from the Crafter's Workshop and messily applied some heavy gel medium though it with a credit card. After that dried I took some blue and green ecoline water colors and a brush to color the raised aria's. The gel medium will soak up the color and the paint will resist it somewhat. You can take a baby wipe to wipe off excess color around the textured aria. I cut this piece with my ATC die cut to use as my background.


Next I stamped Whimsical Face with horns on ivory paper and colored her in with promarkers. I added some accents with a white gel pen. I find using bold complimentary colors make the image on the foreground pop.



The sentiment She was a freaky little thing was stamped on some left over paper where these wings were stamped on and also had some brick texture on it. I took a black distress crayon to darken the edges of the sentiment as well at the card to give it more dimension. Finally I matted it onto an ivory card stock on which I also darkened the edges with the crayon.

VLVS! Stamps used:
She was a freaky little thing
Whimsical girl with horns
Set of Wings

Others: 
Heavy gel medium
The Crafter's Workshop stencil
Ecoline inks
Letraset promarkers
Paperartsy Fresco paints Hint of Mint
white gelpen
Memento Tuxedo black
Distress crayon in black

Hopefully this will inspire you to play along with this month's challenge as well. 

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend!



No comments: