Monday, March 09, 2015

Adventure Awaits


Happy Monday!!!  Michele here today to share a quick steampunk card with you.  But first let me show you how a did my background layer.


I started out with some watercolor paper, stamped the nesting gears  (Item 18077 Plate 1373) in archival ink, sprinkled high gloss embossing powder on top and heated it up.


Next I sprinkled some Brusho in yellow ochre all around.


Then I spritzed with water and let dry.  I didn't do any blotting becasue I didn't want to smear the color around.


I also stamped a steampunk heart  (Item 16020 Plate 1273 Valentine) and steampunk wings (Item 18658 Plate 1406) on watercolor paper, which I fussy cut, colored and inked.  The gears are Um Wow Studio gear mash covered in WOW embossing powder.  I bit of wire ties it together.  The sentiment is adventure awaits (Item 19009 Plate 893). Oh and the card base is Authentique, I have been hord....er saving this piece for somthing special.  :)


Thanks for sharing a bit of your day with us and don't forget about this months inspiration challenge!!


I can't wait to see what you create!!

2 comments:

mamablitger said...

Michele your steampunk card is fabulous. Love the way you created the background. Enjoyed reading how you made it with NO blotting...
Thank you for sharing your art.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Awesome piece!