Monday, February 02, 2015

My Mind's Eye... February Challenge Inspiration



Welcome to Viva Las Vegastamps! Susan here today to share with you my creation based on the new February Challenge inspiration. January flew by in like a minute... so since I'm trying to "SIMPLIFY" my life in 2015... I've created a creative calendar, by mounting into an acrylic craft frame that I can change for each month with some fun wet-erase markers.


Starting with a blank sheet of white letter size uncoated cardstock, I used clear embossing fluid to stamp images onto sheet, then applying embossing powder and heat embossing to create an emboss resist. This technique is worth the time invested to build a background. I have so many stamped images here to create my "mind's eye" scene... too many to count {all are listed below}. I colored over the top with gelatos and blended out with my finger. Some of the stamped images blend into the background becoming more muted adding depth and interest. To expose the resist areas, I gently rubbed the color away from the embossed areas - repeating layering color and rubbing away until coloring was to my liking. I mounted my final creation into a frame embellished with a washi tape grid for a monthly calendar; topped off with sari ribbon and hemp twine for hanging. My calendar can be changed easily each month with wet erase markers. 

"Time for February"


• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Other Supplies: White Cardstock; Deflecto hanging 8 1/2" x 11" Craft Frame #68201CR; Deflecto Wet Erase Markers; rainbow colors of Faber-Castell Gelatos; Globecraft Embossing Ink Dauber; labelmaker; washi tape; sari ribbon and hemp cord.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/2015/02/february-challenge.html
Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you will join us and play along with the February inspiration challenge {CLICK HERE for details}. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... you could win more RUBBER! Also, you definitely want to subscribe to the blog feed and to the Viva Las VegaStamps! newsletter to be IN THE KNOW of everything going on at the Viva Las Vegastamps! store... like the annual SUPERSTAMP SALE. There's so much amazing inky inspiration to see!


If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. Hope you have a fabulous day!!  Sb

2 comments:

by belle said...

Gorgeous bright colors Susan!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Wonderful !
Corrie