Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Little House of Madness


Poe Shrine Full
Hello, it's Amy here today to share my first ever attempt at an ATC. I decided to also create a shrine for my ATC, so Mr. Edgar Allan Poe has a little house for his
brilliantly mad mind.
 Poe ATC
To create the look I was after with my ATC, I started with one standard size ATC card, and after painting it with iridescent green paint, I stamped it, using the cursive writing background stamp in black ink. Next, I used a 1.5" smaller piece of cardstock, and painted it with an aqua mist. When that was dry, I stamped randomly with the nesting gears and coffee ring stain stamps,using brown and black inks. I stamped the Poe stamp onto another piece of paper, and then sponged black ink around his face. When that had dried, I hand doodled circles around the face as well, using a template, cut them out, and mounted it using foam tape. Adding some metal embellishments gave it steampunk/time passing flair.

poe shrine roof
When creating my ATC shrine, (from Retro Cafe Art) I also stamped over the painted and papered outside, using the cursive writing stamp here as well.

I am super excited about my first ATC, and the little house it has to reside in. I've already been so inspired by the creations of the design team, I cannot wait to create another very soon! Keep an eye out for more fabulous ATC sized projects from the design team as we continue to celebrate our ATC bash!

Supplies: 
Viva Las VegaStamps!: Coffee Ring Stain, Nesting Gears, Cursive writing background, Poe
Ink: Momento-Tuxedo Black, Clearsnap mix'd media inx-noir, Ranger Archival-Coffee.
Paint: Plaid, Mist: Heidi Swapp Color Shine- Teal
ATC Shrine, watch gears, skull bead: Retro Cafe Art
Metal Embellishments: Tim Holtz, Bead Landing, vintage
Chipboard Gears: UmWowStudio




17 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Waht an awesome shrine!

sparklinggnome.com said...

Thank you, Sandra!! :D

NWFlamingo said...

This is very cool! I'll bet Edgar is feeling really special!

Nancy Y said...

LOVE your ATC and shrine! They are absolutely Amazing!!!!

Tanya said...

Love these so much! Awesome job!!!

Lindart said...

Don't you just love this ATC size? Yo have done a wonderful ATC for your first, and the shrine brings it up to Brilliant!

Julie Steed said...

You're a natural. What a fabulous ATC (and shrine)!

by belle said...

Fantastic ATC Amy...are you sure you have never made one before?? :)

diana fernandez said...

Oh how cute! I love this ATC

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

I love, Love, LOVE this! The ATC is terrific on its own - but the shrine makes it a little work of art treasure!

Deb Moon said...

Nice SteamPunk

Chark said...

I didn't even know there was a Poe stamp--this is so cool!

Виктория Viktoriya said...

Wow! Stunning alterATC!

Tera Callihan said...

This is Amazing!!! I Love IT!!!!!!!!

Sue in OR said...

Love it!!!

Naomi said...

Amazing.

BonnieLass said...

Just gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your art. LOVE it!