Monday, July 23, 2012

Meet the beautiful "Face in Fir"

My very favorite stamp...and new to the Vivalasvegastamp! collection.  I had to have
her the minute she came out...to me she is beautiful beyond words.

I stamped her on Vivalasvegastamp's! new paper:  Kromcote.  It has both a glossy
side and a matt side with both side taking ink really well.  It is carried in 3 sizes and is very resonable($1.00-$3.00 per package of 10.) She was stamped with Tuxedo black
Momento ink, also from VLVS.


To show off this beautiful stamp I used a Tim Holtz
configuration box.  I dry brushed this box with
white acrylic paint to give it a Shabby Chic look.

 "Face in Fir" item number 17963



From here I colored her with copic pens.  On the glossy side (it needs to dry for a
 longer time than usual), but will dry completely. (funny factoid: they make
 a squeeky sound when using them on glossy paper)


I used copic G14 for the fir needles
BG18 for her eyes and for her eye shadow and
E04 for her lips.


This image was stamped with a very Wet ink pad
to gave this a more dramatic image!


The baby photo came up on my desk Calendar
and I knew they were meant for each other.

I then stamped few more Lady in Fir stamps on to a
piece of Kromecote paper,  In order to cut out branches
with very fine point scissors,
to put over the original to give it dimension
using glue dots.


Pine Branch 1 3/4 x 3 1/4

Pine Branch item number 3325


I stamped extra Pine branches to put in my shadow box.




Christmas card from the Festive Friday Christmas card blog hop.


Attention Carly May, contact me for some good news!

2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

What a cool idea for a shadow box!

Loyd said...

What a cool idea for a shadow box!