Thursday, August 16, 2012

Where Flowers Bloom...

Hello my lovelies!

I hope everyone is having a great summer.
I myself just got back from 6 days in DISNEY WORLD!
With my husband.
And no kids.
IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I did get a journal page done, though, and thought I would share it with you.


The design team received these fabulous journals to play with from:

http://www.exaclair.com/brands_clairefontaine.shtml

I have to say I do like the journal...A LOT.
I actually used it in my last post, too.
I am a bit of a paper snob, so if I LIKE this paper, it must be good stuff.

What I liked most:
1. The back cover on this puppy is VERY stiff and supportive.
3. The binding is VERY sturdy, not bending or warping on me.
4. The paper has a nice little bit of texture to it, and has so far taken everything I've 
thrown at it just fine.
5. Paper flattens out pretty well when dried with a heat gun.


So, I'll show you how I made this lovely page.
Wanna make it?

Here's what ya need:
Journal
These Stamps (yes, the whole plate! yeah!)
Distress Inks, handle, foams
Distress Stains
Heat gun
Perfect Pearls Mist in Mini Mister
Punchinella (or stencil)
BLING
Scissors
Edge Distresser
Fabric & Lace Scraps
Tissue Tape & Washi Tape
Miracle Tape
Brown Ink- I used Archival
Tacky Glue (or other glue suitable for the fabric)
Tag punch/die/dit cut
Paper Towel or Cloth for blotting



 OK- first, if you don't have a bottle of Perfect Pearls Mist already made/purchased, 
you need to make some. I used a Mini Mister, a little Perfect Pearl, and water. NO INK!
 Now, randomly put the stains on the journal page.
I used Antique Linen, Spun Sugar, and Dusty Concord.
 Spray it real good with your Perfect Pearls Mist.
 Blot with paper towel/cloth.
Dry with heat tool.

 Lay punchinella (or stencil) over page, and dab Antique Linen stain through 
to add to the back ground.
Continue over the entire page.
Dry with heat gun.

 Cool, isn't it!
Now, add a piece of trim down the left side of the page.
Continue adding fabric and lace scraps to page.
(I forgot to take a photo, so please refer to finished page).
Add Tissue Tape & Washi tape if ya want.
 Tear a blank page from your journal.
Stamp three of the flowers from the plate using brown ink.
Trim them into rectangles.
I didn't measure, I just used the paper trimmer and cut!
 Punch/die cut/whatever ya need to do to get a tag, from a scrap of the journal paper.
Ink edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.
Stamp sentiment with brown ink.
 Now, ink up your flower panels with Antique Linen, Milled Lavender, and Dusty Concord Distress Inks.  Rough up edges with Edge Distresser. Ink the edges with Dusty Concord.
Use Miracle Tape to adhere flower panels to page.
 Use Miracle Tape to add tag to page.
Put a little piece of bling on the tag.
Add some bling to the page.
 Add just a touch of color to the stamped images with colored pencils.
I just highlighted some of the shaded areas.


 And, it's your lucky day!
Not only do you get to see a wiener, but you get to see TWO wieners!
Sammy, waiting to get in my lap, 
and Daisy, doing her usual, running around in circles.

3 comments:

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

what a beautiful turn out...love it..thanks for showing how-to..must be a great journal it took all that...crossing my fingers and my toes..hope to win one...and my weiners toes too...heeee

Sandra Strait said...

What a fantastic journal page!

Tarnished Rose said...

Awesome! I loved the tutorial so much I've printed it out.

Smiles~
Marilyn