Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Mary Helen's instructions relate to using them as cushioned stamps on static cling with acrylic blocks and our unique handles for the blocks but of course, the instructions also work for mounted stamps.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Terri Sproul - Our Team Leader
Terri Sproul is the producer of a new DVD called "MasquePen Magic" and the owner of Ultimate Scrapbook Retreat. She is a diverse and experienced designer and instructor for multiple companies in the paper craft world including “Glue Dots®”, “Stewart Superior”, “Sakura Hobby Craft” and “Viva Las Vegastamps!” to name a few. Terri and her husband Marc have the pleasure of living in San Diego County On top Of Palomar Mountain. She has received a Bachelor of Scrapbooking Arts from Creating Keepsakes and Bachelor of Scrapbooking Education from EK Success. Terri’s passion is teaching fellow Scrapbooker’s and Stamper’s new techniques and to think ‘out of the box’ and ‘off the Page.’
"I'm a 30-something year old with several interests including music, movies, vegetarianism, sports, traveling, collecting Baseball Cards and Unicorns, Radio, Computers, Crafting, and Tea. I live with my husband, 2 dogs, and 2 cats in the eastern snowbelt area of the US."
year, Twice! Life is good
I have been stamping for approximately 23 years now,
and absolutely love the creativity and freedom of this art.
I have been on a few designs teams, Quietfire Design ,
The Stampsmith , and Stampotique Originals
I am still with The Stampsmith, as the design team leader.
My name is DeeDee Catron, I am mother to a gorgeous 8 week old boy and wife to a wonderful loving man.I'm 23 years old, have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Industrial Design and have a fiery passion for all things crafty. I love making my own everything; embellishments, backgrounds, graphics, papers, and anything else I can make from scratch. I live to recreate things that inspire me, and I love incorporating all types of materials and processes into every day crafting. My style is very vintage/grunge/distressed. I love to work in kraft/neutral as well as bright vivid colors. I'm a card maker, scrapbooker, tag maker, altered artist and on and on. I like to try it all! I currently am working mostly on my Etsy shop; trying to make my hobby a money maker! umwowstudio.etsy.com
R-tiste Rebecca E. Parsons is a Deliberate Creator you may know as Cre8Tiva, her alter ego. Rebecca/Cre8Tiva have been on a blissful journey to Cre8Topia for decades leaving imaginative artwork and creatively inspired students strewn throughout the world.
To meet her is to get swept away by the whirlwind of creative passion and enthusiasm she exudes. She radiates caring warmth with a true desire to see you succeed. Her motto is…it is no harder to do what you love than to do what you don’t…. You can’t help but be inflamed to succeed as an artist.
Rebecca’s award-winning art is mixed media personified. From doodles to digital paintings, from murals to custom designed purses and accessories her creations are magical fights of fancy that make you want to join in her quest for Cre8Topia.
She shares this passion for creativity through workshops and retreats, A Live TV Show, two radio Talk Shows for artists, Cre8Tiva’s Blog, Cre8tive Compass Magazine/Blog, and as a Creativity Retreat Leader and Holistic Coach/Mentor to Artists. Rebecca has written and self-published five books for creative people and is writing her 6th, “Curate YOU…showing people who color outside the lines how to make a living doing what they love!”
Her artists’ statement reads: “Early in life I knew I was creative as I would draw, dance, write and sing the day away. My box of broken crayons was my greatest treasure. I love to explore and push the limits of tools and products creating and experimenting with wild abandon. My work has evolved, as has my life, to embrace my love of the human form, nature (especially the ocean), vintage images and my spirituality. You will find my work is figurative and whimsical and I always hide a trademark bubble in my artwork! My propensity to use texture, especially little treasures I find, stems from the roots of my love for decorative painting (commonly called faux finishing).”Cheryl Lindsay:
Cheryl is a Multimedia Artist with a college
level Teaching credetial in Crafts and Taught
for over 20 years. At present is on several
Design Teams including Sakura Crafts,
Creative Imaginations, Marah Johnson,
Twiddely Bitz Canada/Australia, Kreink Threads
Ever After Scrapbooks, Gee Gee's Stamps n Stuff as the
design team co ordinator and product researcher.
Cheryl is also involved with a monthly Blog hop called
"Festive Friday Blog Hop" where we made Christmas Cards
all year long and has been Published: in both
Belle Armoire Nov./Dec. issue and Memories:Patch work
I'm a rubber stamping, scrapbooking, paper hoarder. I have been crafting in some way for as long as I can remember. I started stamping about 20 years ago, I was hooked instantly!
Well that an amazing team... I am so proud to be working with each of them. Check out their blogs and Don't forget to follow to be a follower of this blog and to see all their amazing work. Each artist will be posting two project per month... That's at least 12 projects!!!! Check out Viva Las Vegastamps! store to purchase the same stamp each of our artist will be using...
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
My name is Terri Sproul and I am the team Leader for the Viva Las Vegastamps Design team. Here is a project I made using the Steampunk stamps from them. Hope you enjoy.
I am just in LOVE with Steampunk right now.. and Viva Las Vegastamps! has the best steampunk stamps around. If you are a follower of my blog (Terri Sproul) you may have seen this. But I have added a few more gears onto it..
Iridescent Bronze from Golden Acrylic
Micaceous Iron Oxide from Golden Acrylic
Wood mask - but I think a paper mache mask would work great
Glaze from Golden
Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Stamps - STeampunk from viva Las Vegastamps!
Ink: shades of brown.. I used Stewart Superior inks
Creative Paper clay
Amazing Molding Putty
Gears - got my from Viva Las Vegastamps!
1) First thing I did was made some molds using my real clock gears. I used my Amazing Mold Putty to make my gears. I have a video on how to use this on the PaperClay blog.
2) After I finish making my molds, I started to make some Paperclay gears.
3) After my paperclay gear where dry I started to paint them. I used Golden's Iridescent bronze and Micaceous Iron Oxide to paint them. Made them look like real gears and NOT paperclay...
4) I found this mask at a yard sale over the weekend and it's was made of wood and painted white... I do believe a paper mache mask would work great for this project too.
5) I cover my mask with Golden Glaze to age the mask some. it was just too white.
6) I stared by stamping with my Gear stamp I got from Viva Las Vegastamps! all over the top of his head and a little down the one side of his face... just a little..
7) Add another Gear stamp image on his left cheek using Memories "Chestnut" Dye ink
8) Add a Zipper to his mouth using my Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegastamps! this tape is great to adhere almost everything down... YOU NEED some of this stuff.
9) Added my Paperclay Gears to the side of his head and then added more Real gear around the Paperclay ones and in his eyes.... My mask is done... OMG... I really love it..
Starting in April we will be have a new project on this blog three times a week. Hope you all stop back by and see what our Design Team will be making for us. The team will be announce on March 28th - right here!
May your life be filled with Viva Las Vegastamps!
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
I hope you are a follower of this blog!!! Lots of excitement happen here really soon.. Also follow us on Facebook..
The Details – What I expect from a team:
1) Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team Term is for 6 months from April 1st until the end of September 2011
2) Create a minimum of 2 projects per month to be featured on both your blog and Viva Las Vegastamps! blog and active in our StampArtforum, You will be given a date to post your project on our blog.
3) Promote Viva Las Vegastamps! by posting the above projects on other online galleries, facebook and blogs with working links to the store and forum.
4) In the event that you do not complete any of the above requirements viva Las Vegastamps! has the right to remove you from the DT and fill the position with another candidate from the waiting list.
The Viva Las VegaStamps! Design Team Member will receive -
1) Products for your term, shipped in 6 shipments – shipped by Viva Las Vegas Stamps by the 15th of each month.
3) Discount of 15% off all additional supplies you order from Viva Las Vegastamps!
4) A post on our blog with your bio and picture featured in our Design Team Gallery, promotion of your work in our forum, facebook page and blog.
How to apply:
1) send bio with present and past team you have been apart of
2) Blog address and facebook address - yes you must have a blog
3) post your best 2 stamp projects on your blog by March 15, 2011 to be review to become part of the team. These project can be anything, scrapbooking, stamping, mixed media - just make sure there are stamping techniques in your post. great if you use some of Viva Las VegaStamps! you can purchase some at the store.
4) In your post make sure you use our logo (you can right click on the photo) and link to our website http://www.stampo.com and blog...
5) Send this information to Terri@ultimatescrapbookretreat.com with Viva Las Vegastamps! DT in the regards ( so you don't get deleted). Become a follower of her blog at http://www.terrisproul.blogspot.com
Terri Sproul is running this team - so please post all question to her to get the best respond to them..
We are excited - tell all of your stamping friends...
Smiles and creativity to you
Viva Las Vegastamps! DT leader...